This interactive workshop will cover the fundamentals of telehealth for health professionals. You will learn about:
- How and why telehealth is more than just a video consultation
- Examples of telehealth solutions
- Disruptive innovation and how it will impact telehealth service delivery
- Consumer electronic solutions with application for health monitoring and delivering interventions
- Hands-on practice with setting up a client in a tele-rehabilitation solution designed by clinicians for clinicians and clients.
- How digital literacy will be a requirement for allied health
About the presenter
Professor Smith is Professor & Business Development Coordinator at the Coffs Harbor campus of Southern Cross University.
He has a PhD in Psychology (visual neuroscience), a MSC qualification in vestibular research, has worked for NASA and is a leading international researcher and thought leader in the development and evaluation of interactive digital technologies to transform the delivery of health, ageing and disability services.
Prof Smith is a Chief Investigator on a European Horizon 2020 grant, My Active and Healthy Ageing. He is also inventor on a provisional Australian patent application, Systems and methods to monitor the step performance of a user.
Why should you attend?
Whether you work privately, with government services, or in the NGO sector, this Telehealth Workshop is not to be missed. Sponsored by the North Coast Allied Health Association, Professor Stuart Smith will explain the relevance of telehealth modalities and the possibilities for improving services for North Coast residents through telehealth innovations.
If you have a passion for improving the delivery of health care to your patients and are eager to improve the status and political representation of allied health, now is the time to get involved.
Click here to enrol: http://www.amsn.com.au/events/connecting-through-technology/
Don’t forget that you can obtain a substantial discount by joining the NCAHA before enrolling. Visit https://ncaha.org.au/membership to learn more.